A registered charity providing disabled East Anglian's and their carers with regular opportunities to enjoy sailing activities whilst promoting enhanced independence, confidence and community involvement.WHO WE ARE
EAST is a registered charity run entirely by volunteers from Suffolk Yacht Harbour at Levington near Ipswich on the Suffolk River Orwell. The EAST dedicated training room/workshop/social centre allows EAST to offer a year round programme of activities.WHAT WE DO
- Involve over 100 volunteers in providing the programmes of regular opportunities for sailors with disabilities to access and enjoy our sport.
- Run annual East Coast cruises for blind and visually impaired sailors.
- Offer other sail cruising opportunities for mobile adults with various disabilities over weeks and weekends.
- Liaise with the management of Suffolk Yacht Harbour to improve accessible facilities available to sailors with disabilities and their carers at the marina.
- Maintain the EAST fleet of twelve stable Keelboats which have opened up evening sailing and racing opportunities to adults with a wide range of disabilities.
- Work closely with the officers and members of the regional RYA Committee, Haven Ports Yacht Club and other RYA Clubs in East Anglia.
- Organise an integrated training programme for volunteers and disabled members, in conjunction with the East Anglian Sea School, to enable appropriate RYA courses to be run and qualifications
Contact us now or view our website for a list of forthcoming events.
For more local information, please see:Ipswich Guide